Real-world processes used by the best in the business.
Unrealistic quotas demoralize your sales force and cause costly turnover. Profitability suffers when sales quotas are set too high.
Sales leaders find it difficult to accurately tie quotas to territory potential and the skills of sales reps.
Here’s why the Sales Benchmark Index (SBI) quota-setting methodology is used by top-producing sales organizations:
- Revenue and margin potential is calculated at the account level.
- Revenue and margin potential is stress-tested by applying SBI’s proprietary propensity-to-buy formulas.
- Our quota setting methodology is both top-down and bottom-up. The rep’s workload analysis is added to the account potential analysis to help determine if a territory is too large for a sales person.
- After completion, no two sales reps will have the same quota. Each quota is unique to the real potential of an aggregated territory.
- Many of the world’s most respected companies rely on SBI to help set sales quotas.
Our methodology is based on evidence. We can deliver before-and-after data and demonstrate what does and doesn’t work