Mapping sales content to the customer’s buying cycle.
Your marketing department produces content for the sales team, but it’s not getting used.
A variety of reasons might contribute to this expensive problem. The sales people may feel the content doesn’t resonate with buyers. They might think it’s not as customer-centric as it should be. They may not even know where to find the content and how to best use it.
Unfortunately, members of the sales teams often respond by developing content themselves, which is often inconsistent with the company’s brand or marketing strategy. The marketing materials become a major mess.
Sales Benchmark Index (SBI) offers sales enablement solutions including:
- Buying process maps—Information needed by prospects moving through the sales cycle is identified.
- Content audit-—An inventory of all available content is created.
- Content mapping—Each piece of content is mapped to a specific stage in the buying process.
- Content requirements process—A systematic process is developed enabling people in the field to make requests for the content they need.
- Sales enablement mobile playbooks—Mobile applications make content immediately available to sales reps when needed.
- An execution based firm, SBI consultants join your team in the field to drive the use of your sales enablement content.
- The SBI staff comprises former sales executives, managers, and reps well acquainted with the frustrations of not being able to find the content they need.
We have collected data to inform best practices for sales enablement.