Sales Headcount Analysis
A proven process for creating the right roster.
Understaffed sales teams miss opportunities and fall short of revenue goals. A bloated sales team increase costs and hinder profits.
Finding the ideal balance for sizing your sales team is a difficult challenge. Getting it right requires methodologies, tools, and above all, expertise you may lack.
Sales Benchmark Index (SBI) guides you through the sales force sizing process with:
- Account and territory potential analysis
- Bottoms work load analysis to determine resources needed to serve customers
- Advice to avoid common sizing mistakes such as:
- Constant percentage of revenue
- Territory split threshold
- Grow as you go
- New product neglect
- Rob Peter to pay Paul
- If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it
- Five sizing tests are considered:
- Three sizing calculators are considered:
- Return on call
- A 3-year headcount plan is created
- No other firm has developed headcount plans for more companies in more industries.
- SBI’s methods and tools have become standard operating procedure for many of the Fortune 500.
- The SBI consultants who lead sales force sizing projects are former sales operations directors and have been certified in SBI’s methods.