Organizational Sales Force Structure
Re-organizing without disruptions.
Sales leaders need to adapt to the changing needs of your buyers. In many cases, your sales model must be revisited and restructured.
However, determining how to structure the organization is a complicated process. You’re going to have to consider a number of tradeoffs. Reorganizing can be disruptive, and therefore, risky. Making bad decisions can set the company back several years.
Sales Benchmark Index (SBI) guides your sales structure process beginning with a review of the 8 dominant organizational models used today:
- Industry verticals
- Role based
- Social proximity
SBI employs a “RACI” tool to help determine which model is best for you:
- We identify core processes the organization needs to execute.
- Activities within each process area are documented.
- Each role on the current organizational chart and the future roles being considered are codified.
The RACI tool is used to determine who is:
An ideal organizational model is produced to dictate job roles and reporting structures.
- We have helped hundreds of companies create effective sales structure models.
- We focus on restructuring without losing any talent or customers.
- SBI’s methods, and use of the RACI tool, have become standards upon which top sales organizations select new organizational models.