Sales people have a finite amount of selling capacity. Customers and prospects have coverage requirements. The correct assignment of customers and prospects to members of the sales force can improve sales performance from 10% to 30%, without any incremental cost. Understanding the potential of each territory can help companies match the best opportunities to the most capable sales people.
Territory Design focuses on fairly distributing revenue potential to sales reps, properly determining the most appropriate territory design criteria, and matching territory workload to sales rep capacity.
The Results Delivered from Territory Design Solutions are:
- Optimized workload balance which enhances sales responsiveness
- Reduction in travel time and expenses
- Lower sales force turnover due to higher sales force morale
- Proper integration of acquired sales forces
- Built in adaptability due to market shifts and new product launches